Duties & Responsibilities
• To support the 360 Implementation that encompasses full PDCA cycle of accountability; Plan, Develop, Control and Action to ensure the achievement of short and long term Revenue and Profit Target of Dry Merchandising Department.
• To support successful, profitable and sustainable Innovation strategies for Dry Merchandise product lines that befit the CU brand positioning
• To activate effectively and efficiently 6 PS ; Products, Promotions, Place, Price, People and Positioning for all CU Dry Merchandise offerings
• To support strategies implemented with consistent scanning of the competitive ecosystem; Customer, Channel, Competitor, Cost and Category Trend
• To develop strong supplier relationship that delivers win-win collaboration.
• To support and collaborate with peers in Fresh Food and Brand Marketing to build strong sustainable Transaction Count and Ticket Size; delivering CU as the most preferred Korean Inspired CVS destination in Malaysia.
• To forecast and plan the sales of Dry Merchandising in CU stores vs target, recovery of sales on any shortfalls and mitigation plan.
• To perform product purchases, inventory controls especially for all imports due to short shelve lives and exclusive sales limitation.
• To support range reviews and undertaking continuous improvement of the product offering through effective range analysis for Dry Merchandising.
• To execute 3 months rolling forecast and Dry Merchandising Brand plan for CU, in conjunction with Marketing Thematic Plan.
• To support all duties of price negotiation for goods purchased to deliver RSP and GP % target
• To keep abreast of the current market trends, customer requirements and competitor activities to identify market opportunities for Korean packaged goods and general merchandise
• To execute effectively in-store sales promotions on Dry Merchandise with effective ROI on promotions.
• To visit stores consistently and perform market research on market trends and competitor analysis on both local and imported dry merchandise.
• To track and ensure operational excellence for all Dry Merchandise related promotions, new product launches and other related activities to make myCU a Korean inspired preferred retail destination.
Job Requirements Must have:
1. Min 3 year(s) of working experience in retail
2. Passion for Korea culture would be added advantage
3. Must be able to work independently
Good to have:
1. Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
2. Result oriented, able to work at a fast pace, multi-task and tight deadlines environment.
3. Extensive knowledge of Korean Food and Korean Culture.