Duties & Responsibilities
• To lead in strategizing the 360 Implementation that encompasses full PDCA cycle of accountability; Plan, Develop, Control and Action to ensure the achievement of short- and long-term Revenue and Gross Profit Target for Desserts portfolio
• To drive a successful, profitable, and sustainable Innovation strategies for Desserts that befit Maru and CU brand positioning
• To develop and activate effectively and efficiently with accordance to the 6P; Products, Promotions, Place, Price, People (Handling & roll out) and Positioning for Desserts offering
• To continuously sharpen the strategies with consistent scanning of the competitive eco system; Customer, Channel, Competitor, Cost and Category/Portfolio Trend
• To develop strong supplier relationship that delivers win-win collaboration.
• To strategically collaborate with peers in Fresh Food and Brand Marketing to build strong sustainable Transaction Count and Ticket Size; delivering CU as the most preferred Korean Inspired CVS destination in Malaysia.
• To assist with preparing Annual Budget and successfully obtaining approval from Management in conjunction with the superior.
• To develop the innovation, forecast and plan the sales vs target, recovery of sales on any shortfalls and mitigation plan.
• To work closely with Retail Merchandising team to maximise trading terms with suppliers, where applicable
• To conduct range reviews and undertaking continuous improvement of the product offering through effective range analysis.
• To develop 3 months rolling forecast, in conjunction with Marketing Thematic Plan.
• To perform all duties of price negotiation for goods purchased to deliver RSP and GP % target
• To keep abreast of the current market trends, customer requirements and competitor activities to identify market opportunities
• To create effective in store sales promotions with effective ROI on promotions, where applicable.
• To visit stores consistently and perform market research on market trends and competitor analysis.
• To create effective relationships with outlet staff through regular touch points.
• Work with Korean counterparts to identify & materialise suitable innovation for CU.
• To ensure the CU brand image are upheld through every planning and execution.
• Any other ad hoc tasks assigned by Superior or Management
1. Min. Diploma in food-related studies
2. Min 3 years’ work experience in F&B or food category in Retail
3. A creative mind to innovate and drive new products and platforms within product categories
4. Strong commercial awareness and business acumen to help drive business growth and deepen relationship with key suppliers
5. Promotion planning capability and must be able to work independently
6. Strong problem-solving capability
Good to have:
1. Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
2. Result oriented, able to work at a fast pace, multi-task, and tight deadlines environment.
3. Extensive knowledge on Korean Food and Korean Culture and Japanese related matters.