Duties & Responsibilities
• To lead the direct sourcing of Dry Merchandising Retail Section (Packaged goods consist of Food, Beverage, Beauty Care and General Merchandise) of MyCU Sdn Bhd from Korea with full P&L responsibility.
• To strategize the 360 Implementation that encompasses full PDCA cycle of accountability; Plan, Develop, Control and Action to ensure the achievement of short- and long-term Revenue and Profit Target of Korean Direct Sourcing and Imports.
• To drive a successful, profitable, and sustainable Innovation strategies for Direct Sourcing Korean based Dry Merchandise product lines that befit the CU brand positioning
• To research, investigate, review, propose sellable and well differentiated Korean Products which is trendy for Malaysian market.
• To analyse and be of full knowledge of the sales/profit of the direct sourced products through POS data to improve the sourcing of products that is sellable.
• Not solely limited to product sourcing but to share and propose shelf displays merchandising of the products in stores by taking the knowledge and best practises from Korean CVS.
• To develop strong supplier relationship that delivers win win collaboration.
• To keep abreast of the current market trends, customer requirements and competitor activities to identify market opportunities.
• To forecast and plan the direct sourcing of Dry Merchandising in CU stores.
• To develop 6 months rolling new products proposal and Dry Merchandising Brand plan for CU, in conjunction with Marketing Thematic and ahead of competitions.
• To perform all duties of price negotiation for goods purchased to deliver targeted, competitive retail selling price (RSP) and Gross Margin GP % target.
• To work closely with myCU Retail Merchandising team to maximise trading terms with suppliers.
• To deliver efficient sourcing, purchase/ordering of Korean dry merchandise products, through detail assessment of quotation and all related importation cost
• To obtain written approval on purchasing through presentation of accurate pricing, binding contractual terms and delivery schedule.
• To perform product purchases, inventory controls especially for all direct sourcing imports due to short shelve lives and exclusive sales limitation.
• To conduct range reviews of past purchases and undertaking continuous improvement of the product offering through effective range analysis.
• To visit stores consistently to perform market research on market trends and competitor analysis, including present findings with impact analysis.
• To work very closely with Korean counterparts to obtain alignment on appropriate direct imports that befit CU brand imagery, and arrangements on joint shipment.
• To ensure the CU brand image is upheld through every planning and execution.
• To maintain and update the supplier database and find alternative suppliers if the existing ones are unable to meet obligations.
• Any other ad-hoc duties as assigned by the company.
Nil as solo contributor
1. At least 3 years of experience of work in retail industry, with understanding of sourcing methodology
2. Passionate with Korean culture and products, high affinity, and appreciation for Korean packaged goods with commercial perspective that translate to profitable sales/revenue.
3. Good communication skill with fluently ability in English and Korean.
4. Able to work independently, adaptable, multi-tasking in fast paced environment.
5. Results oriented, problem solver and discipline of meeting deadlines
6. Highly reliable, resourceful, and strong negotiation skills.
7. Able to use intermediate Microsoft office (Word, Excel, and Power Point)