Duties & Responsibilities
• Responsible to ensure the communication in the production and meeting is smooth despite language barriers.
• Responsible mainly for verbal and written translation from Japanese to English and Malay or vice versa.
• Interpret and translate the contents in workplace, meetings, business negotiations, external survey etc.
• Japanese translation in documents, emails or message as instructed by General Manager.
• Attend various meetings and create minutes, arrange meeting schedule if necessary. Act as Translator to translate meeting discussions for the understanding of all attendees.
• Ensure the translated version conveys the meaning of the original as clearly as possible.
• Ensure translation is completed to a high standard of quality and keeps to timelines.
• Communicate concisely and accurately by using appropriate language to ensure smooth discussion, both inside and outside the company.
• Maintain confidentiality of documents and whatever confidential information received and/or have knowledge of.
• Communicate between HQ and GM so that business can be carried out smoothly.
• Assist the company and management team with written and oral communication as needed.
• Able to present and introduce the factory to external business partners during factory visitations or business negotiations.
• Support management team in any production related work such as production record etc.
• Collect and report regarding any latest announcement from the government.
• Convey information regarding the situation of factory in Malaysia.
• Perform other duties as assigned by Superior from time to time.
• Bachelor’s degree in Communication or any relevant fields is preferred.
• Certified with JLPT N2 or above.
• Able to speak Japanese fluently.
• Proficiency in English and Bahasa Melayu.
• Discretion and understanding of confidentiality issues.
• Computer literate and proficiency in Microsoft skills (Word, Excel, Powerpoint etc.)
• Able to work in staggered working hour during emergency.
• Able to be flexible in adjusting working and rest day according to the General Manager.
• Able to be contactable during emergency.
• Must have typhoid injection card.
• Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Good to have:
• English proficiency related certificate.
• Able to speak Mandarin is an added advantage.