Duties & Responsibilities
Job Responsibilities & Accountabilities • Do product development in general; from designing product to develop the prototypes (Weighing, preparation, shaping (including Danish pastry), baking, simple packaging, product prototype inspection (inspection itself is performed by QA), carrying out in-house monitoring of the product prototype to prove the degree of perfection.
• Need to attend various product development meetings, prepare sample for tasting the product prototype and record the minutes.
• Able to produce sample of product prototype upon request.
• Able to prepare and manage various material related to manufacture.
• Able to conduct testing on dough and develop new dough by combining or renew existing dough in order to improve the quality of our product.
• Need to always examine the product prototype and checking the expiration date of the product.
• Need to create test run and specification for the new product, manufacturing process manuals, product information, and product manuals.
• Confirming the inspection contents, determine the expiration date and provide product information to JAKIM.
• Regularly perform sensory evaluation on released products to confirm product quality.
• Pioneer in new ingredients, able to request various ingredients sample and execute the test.
• Stock-taking ingredients and share the information with purchaser so it does not become the dead stock. (In the case of imported product, please consider the customs clearance period)
• Regularly (at least twice a month) survey market trends to understand the current situation.
• Actively participate in food exhibitions and study sessions to improve the skills.
• Purchase products from competitors i.e. FamilyMart and create catalogue of the product.
• Accompany business negotiations with new business partners, design, sample, and improve products, and do adjustments for product launch.
• Assist in adhoc task assigned by Superior from time to time.
• Know and have experience in the process of making bread like weighing, preparation, shaping and baking.
• Computer literate and Microsoft skills (Excel, Word, etc.)
• Able to work independently and as in a team.
• Excellent time management and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent hygiene management as will be working in a food manufacturing factory.
• Must have typhoid injection card.
• Must be willing to do shift work.
• Ability to handle multiple assignments at any given time in a team environment.
Good to have:
• 3 to 5 years experience in baking including Danish pastry.
• Fluent in English and Malay.
• Any certificate related to bread making.