Duties & Responsibilities
• To strategize the 360 Implementation that encompasses full PDCA cycle of accountability; Plan, Develop, Control and Action to ensure the achievement of short- and long-term Revenue and Gross Profit Target for Bakery portfolio.
• To drive a successful, profitable, and sustainable Innovation strategies for Bakery that befit the Maru and CU brand positioning.
• Scope of innovation within Bakery section includes, but is not limited to products such as Sweet Buns, Savoury Buns, Family Pack, etc. for Maru and ISF for CU.
• To develop and activate effectively and efficiently 6 PS; Products, Promotions, Place, Price, People (Handling, Storage & Display Planogram) and Positioning for Bakery offerings.
• To continuously sharpen Bakery strategies with consistent scanning of the competitive eco system; Customer, Channel, Competitor, Cost and Category/Portfolio Trend.
• To develop strong relationship with Mynews-Ryoyupan that delivers win-win collaboration.
• To strategically collaborate with peers in Fresh Food and Brand Marketing to build strong sustainable Transaction Count and Ticket Size; delivering CU as the most preferred Korean Inspired RTE destination in Malaysia, and similar for Maru in accordance with its Japanese inspired positioning.
• To secure back income from Suppliers through Supply Agreement/TTA and put in place clauses to protect the interest of the business
• To contribute towards the preparation of Annual Budget in conjunction with the superior.
• To develop the innovation and plan the sales vs target, recovery of sales on any shortfalls and mitigation plan.
• To conduct range reviews and undertaking continuous improvement of the product offering through effective range analysis.
• To develop 3 months rolling forecast, in conjunction with Marketing Thematic Plan.
• To keep abreast of the current market trends, customer requirements and competitor activities to identify market opportunities
• To create new item code for every NPD and maintain the necessary master file and system updates for Bakery items, including combo & promotion setting
• To evaluate promo mechanism and create effectives promotions with effective ROI on promotions, where applicable.
• To track promo performance on a timely basis and quantify the contribution of NPD to overall Category Sales
• To visit stores consistently and perform market research on market trends and competitor analysis.
• To create effective relationships with outlet staff through regular touch points.
• To ensure the CU and Maru brand image are upheld through every planning and execution.
• Any other ad hoc tasks assigned by Superior or Management
1. Min 2 year(s) of working experience in Bakery category management.
2. Passion for K culture would be added advantage.
3. A creative mind to innovate and drive new products and platforms within product categories to help drive the business growth.
4. Promotion planning capability highly desirable and must be able to work independently.
5. Strong problem-solving capability.
Good to have:
1. Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
2. Result oriented, able to work at a fast pace, multi-task and tight deadlines environment.
3. Extensive knowledge on Korean Food and Korean Culture and Japanese related matters.